Within the framework of the Project ?Environmental Education for a Sustainable School? our A and B class students did the following:
- They created an information leaflet to sensitize and motivate students and teachers.
- They monitored the consumption of electric power, photocopying paper and heating petrol.
- They participated in student competitions such as Sustainable School Award
- They conducted research into two subjects: a. The students? means of transport to and from school, in an effort to reduce their ecological footprint b. The students? dietary habits.
- They participated in a three-day educational trip to the Amfissa Center for Environmental Education (16-18 December 2012). The educational aims of the trip were for the students to gain knowledge, to be sensitized and updated on environmental issues.
- They printed special reminders about cutting down on water and electricity consumption which were put above the sinks in the toilets or the electricity switches.
- They participated in a project of sorting out the school rubbish into recyclable and non recyclable. The students or the cleaning staff weighed the rubbish and kept records